The Bega Valley Shire Council is looking for expressions of interest for a local industry representative to join the Bega Saleyard Stakeholder Advisory Group.
Council Director of Real Estate Services Rickee Marshall said the stakeholder advisory group will provide advice and expertise to support the improvement and future growth of the sales yards.
âThe Bega Saleyards are a critical part of the success of the agri-food industry here in the county and along the south-eastern region of New South Wales,â Ms. Marshall said.
âWe are looking for someone with experience in the local industry to join the stakeholder advisory group and provide basic knowledge and expertise to continue to improve and grow sales in the future.â
The stakeholder advisory group will include the tenant of the sales yards, stock agents who sell in the yards, a senior council staff member, an advisor and a representative of the local industry using the yard’s facilities. .
Group members can do one or more of the following:
- provide advice or commentary on specific project issues which may include key objectives, funding sources, sustainability, design options, community outcomes or the like related to the many challenges facing the industry
- provide advice or feedback to improve viability and address animal welfare concerns
- provide advice or feedback to develop and implement strategies to increase the use of Bega Saleyards to better generate economic activity in the county
- help explore growth options such as selling stocks online and specific marketing strategies for sales sites
- help defend the interests of other levels of government regarding potential funding sources and policy changes to achieve the best results for the community
Acting CEO Anthony McMahon and an elected advisor will determine the local industry representative following the EOI process.
To learn more and register your interest in becoming a member of the Bega Saleyards Stakeholder Advisory Group, please visit https://begavalley.nsw.gov.au/cp_themes/default/page.asp?p=DOC-AJO -18- 82-64 and submit an application by November 28.
Applicants will be informed of the result from December 10.